Saturday, November 3, 2012

...to be announced

So, extremely cool, I did an interview with Nancy Zieman, for Sewing with Nancy. They chose to highlight our charity for Nancy's Corner.

Now, I have never seen Skype in action, how fun is that!

The producers sent me a suitcase full of equipment and I got the camera and laptop all set up. Deciding where to set the camera was one of the biggest feats, simply because, as those of you who know me personally, getting a camera angle in my house that doesn't have a pile of dolls, here, a stack of dishes, there,  or a pile of clean laundry waiting to be folded is an art in and of itself. But, being the resourceful gal I can be, I figured out a great angle. What is really neat with the Skype also, is that you can see how the video feed is going to look before you patch through, so, once again bonus for me, I knew exactly what needed to be put into order and cleaned. (piano, rug, steps, and dust the nick-nack boxes)

When it was time for taping, the producer called me, and Nancy was shooting another segment, so I was able to sit, like a fly on the wall and watch that. All so interesting!

I will say, butterflies found there way to my stomach.

When that segment was done, it was 5 minutes til my taping. Luckily I had my drop spindle with me, and had that wonderful soothing act to keep me calm. (I wasn't about to get up from my stool, as the producer had already ok'd where I was sitting).

Then, show time!

Nancy sat down, and put her mic on and we chatted for a couple of minutes, and then it was game-on.
I think it went alright. Before we started, and throughout my waiting, I kept saying two wonderful verses, one I learned from listening and reading Brene Brown: "don't puff up, don't shink, honor your sacred ground", the other " God, please help me speak from my heart and not my head."(I'm pretty sure that is credit to Melody Beattie)

I'm certain I did a bunch of hand talking as I am a huge gesturer.
All in all though I think it went well. They said, that's a wrap, and thanks, so what more can you ask for.
It was a wonderful experience. And it makes me want to get a camera for my own desktop. Eh, come to think of it, that would mean that I would have to keep that angle of my house clean. Yeah, never mind on that.

I don't have an air-date yet, but I will be sure to keep you posted.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Smiles to All,
Brenda

2 comments:

  1. How exciting Brenda.
    You deserve some recognition.
    Congratulations! Keep us posted as to when this will air and on what channel. It will probably be local and i will miss it but let me know.
    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news + glad it went well ; ) Let us know when it will be on t.v.

    ReplyDelete