Friday, September 21, 2012

...Angel Comfort Dolls

I box was delivered to my door today, and inside with wonderful Comfort Dolls was this letter that I would like to share:

I am an artist.
I have created these dolls as part of my own transformational healing process. i am a survivor of domestic abuse that was perpetrated by men throughout my life. These dolls were created in tears, but also with thoughts of love, compassion, hope, justice, peace and grace. I envision these as angels that the dolls represent. Thank you for the opportunity to share in this project.

Thank you for sending not only the dolls, but such a personal account of process. The more we can bring to light and give voice to the affects of domestic abuse, the weaker it's grasp becomes.

Prayers and Warm Smiles to All,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment