Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I've Started...progress...




OK, I'm eagerly awaiting my first delivery of dried lavender. I can't wait for my workroom to take on that great fragrance!!




I've also started on my first Comfort Doll.




I have to say, I'm so thrilled to have this new endeavor, so ironic that I am typing this while Oprah has the children of Elizabeth Smart's kidnappers on her show.....ironic...coincidence...it makes me so grateful for what I have in my life.




Physical and emotional abuse is just such an evil (I don't ever use that word, but it fits) and the long term devastation that it can create....yeah...evil is the correct word.




I think that I am the one who is going to benefit most from this journey.




Thank you.


Smiles and Hugs to All.


B.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes you will. I always felt guilty when dolls would arrive for a few reasons, #1~I was getting to see each and every doll up close and personal and feel the love each absorbed during their construction. 2~My heart was warmed and a smile was always on my face as the dolls arrived, were tagged and bagged, and sent on their way. I felt like I was the one receiving each doll. The donors are absolutely amazing and always make you feel so special even though it is them who are the special ones. Enjoy!
    Blessings, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you are so enthusiastic about this. Looks like your first little doll will be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to see the project continuing, thank you for keeping it going!

    ReplyDelete