Saturday, October 13, 2012

...the freedom of yes

I love listening to podcasts, and audiobooks. You will often find me working around the house with my earbuds in or sitting at my desk working on a doll with a voice coming from the computer keeping me company.

Tara Brach is one of my faves to listen to. I love the calming tone of her voice, the humor in her meditation talks, the cadence of her speech. She's become a really good friend, even though she is not aware of our bond.

Today I was listening to the "freedom of yes" podcast, and one part really struck me. Allowing ourselves to say "yes" to the "no". I don't know about you, but within myself, I'm finding some places where I just don't want to go. These are not physical places now, but feelings and places from my past that when I start to feel them, I get all bunched up and freaky and just, if I'm being true to myself, afraid. What I heard Tara say in this listen was, instead of shutting down or denying that feeling, honor your fear by saying yes. Yes, to the no, and don't lean into that experience right now. Honor what your gut is telling you. What I think is really cool, is that it isn't using denial, it is stepping, even if it is just the fleshy part at the tip of your big toe into what is, and saying Yes, I know this feeling leads somewhere, but No, I can wait to address it, I can address it when I am ready. What a huge accomplishment. Once again, it isn't using denial, it is taking responsibility and control over ones own life. Huge!

I just wanted to share that with you. If you are interested in learning more about Tara Brach just click on her name, I linked it to her site, or you can find her free podcasts in the itunes store.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend,
Smiles to All,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment