Sunday, February 12, 2012

...and the answers are...

I have to say that I am overwhelmed and GIDDY with the response our project has gotten thanks to Lucy and sewnews making us their charity of the year. Phenomenal!
I have been getting a few questions, and I'd like to share them.

Q. Do CD's have to be people? Can they be animals? and do they have to wear dresses?
A: CD's do not have to be people, they can be ANY form that brings you joy.(a beautifully embellished triangle is a fantastic CD) The only requirement is that we keep them 6" or smaller. We chose this for 2 reasons, 1, because it keeps them very portable for the recipient, and 2) it keeps our shipping down to a minimum.

Q: We are knitters and would like to create our own doll to send, is that alright?
A: Yes. Do not limit your creativity by thinking that only stuffed fabric dolls are acceptable. Feel free to use your imagination - heck I can't wait to see my first steampunk CD!

Q: Our guild would like to make some CD's, but we have a local shelter. Can we donate them there?
A: That is a wonderful idea to keep the connection with your local community. I would love it if you would copy the card and the inspirational quote and attach it to each doll. Then, take some photos of your dolls, the quantity and where they were donated. By doing that, I can post them on the blog and keep them included in the total number of CD's donated.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.
Once again, thank you for your support.
Warm Smiles,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment