Tuesday, December 7, 2010

...a special thanks

Well, I don't know how many times I've returned home to a package from one of you great givers. It is such a wonderful feeling. But, a special thanks needs to be sent out to Patti Koosed of Treasure Barn: http://www.treasurebarnblog.blogspot.com/. I haven't, but should have, counted how many wonderful little comfort dolls have graced my door, and been delivered to caring hands over the past year. I can tell you that it has been over a handful. So, just a giant shout out to Patti. Thank you for your dedication to this project.

I also had the opportunity to spread the word this past weekend at our Artisan Open House. I met some wonderful women who are involved in our local shelter, which I admittedly have not yet donated to. (Hmmm, sometimes we need to look in our own back yards to extend a helping hand) They were very supportive of the project and are spreading the word.
Warm and Loving Smiles to All,
Brenda

4 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda, Yes, Patti is a jewel and contributes hours of her time creating these little dolls.
    I donated two dozen dolls to our local shelter, so I got it covered. I also got Michigan City's Stepping Stone shelter :-)
    Smiles,
    Pat
    I tried to find your phone # but you aren't listed in the book??? I had found some sleeves and even phoned Jill for your # but she didn't get back to me :-( Hope it went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies. I love making these dolls to show that someone cares and loves them.

    I don't get as many as I would like but whenever I have free time I am on it.

    I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful project.
    Great job Brenda :)
    Thanks again
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brenda,
    I made dolls very early on, but life has been a little too busy lately. But I did have one doll up my sleeve that is going to a special woman in a residence here for Christmas. So I just thought you might like to see my tutorial for retro-fitting angel wings:

    http://chloesplace.blogspot.com/2010/12/retro-fitting-angel-wings.html

    Really feeling an urge to make more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Linda! I liked the tutorial. I'm sure your specail woman will love it! Thanks again for sharing with us.
    Warm Smiles,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete